Tuesday 29 June 2010

Sunday, 27 June, 2010 --- Day 06

Stats
Day dist:11.47 km (city)

Up at 10:00. Went to Internet place to update the site. It is a lengthy process because there are a lot of pictures and takes a long time uploading. At 12:00 I returned to the hotel and took my stuff downstairs for safekeeping and went out to internet again for about one hour. After that went to a café in Jemaa el Fna square where I stayed for about half an hour just watching all that was going on in the square and also smoked a couple of cigarettes (you can buy loose cigarettes in Morocco.)


Finally, I went back to the hotel, took Spithas and my stuff, and rode to Majorelle garden. I did not have much time left because I had to deliver Spithas to the cargo agency before 15:00. I wish I had though, the garden is so beautiful. Had I known I would have skipped the cafeteria and spent the time there.



Yves Saint Laurent memorial














I biked to the agency by the train station, delivered Spithas, and then went to the station myself to buy my own ticket. The train was leaving at 17:00 and it was 15:30. I thought I might run to a nearby internet café and finish the job, but the closest one was far away and as I had to carry all my stuff I judged it to be the wrong move and stayed in the (very beautiful) station reading a computer book till 16:30 when the train arrived at the platform and embarked on it.



I was among the first ones and had plenty of option as to where to sit. I really did not know which of side the train the sun would be. I had no idea where North, South, etc., were. I gambled and sat on the right side and I won the bet!!! The ticket purchased did not guarantee a seat. Soon enough, the train was full and people were standing. Not having gone to an internet café paid off. The train left at 17:00.

I took a nap for about one hour and the rest of the trip, another 2 hours and 15 mins I just watched the scenery and the people around me.

When we arrived I went to the agency and claimed my bike. The employee who was a biker himself showed me his bike and told me that with that bike that he owned for 15 years he had biked around Morocco with it.

Once on Spithas I knew where to go. I rode to Casa port and went to the old hotel. The owner was happy to see me and gave me the same room.

After putting my stuff away I went to the nearby internet café till midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment