Tuesday 29 June 2010

Monday, 28 June, 2010 --- Day 07

Stats
Day dist: 92.04
Total odo:366.4
Temperature: under 30C

Up at 9:45. Finished work on computer and went to the central market to victualize.
At 12:30 I hit the road. The bulk of the urban environment was over soon but urbanization did not finish for another 14 kms.




At 21 kms I entered Mohamedia. Since I am taking the “route nationale” and not the highway, I pass through all the major towns on the way


A pretty beautiful town. Just like all the towns I’ve seen so far. I must say I’ve reached a conclusion about the Moroccians. Just like the Italians who will always produce something of good taste, the Moroccians, in their own way do the same thing.


A better neighborhood


I biked on and the ride became pretty interesting

A beach on the Atlantic ocean


La route nationale


In the US 90% of people that live under the poverty level have a car and a color TV, 60% has two cars, and almost 100% has a cell phone. In Morocco, it appears that 100% has a satellite TV. Just take a look at the photo below of a shanty village.


I thought that it is belfries of X-stian churches that have the privilege of being chosen by storks. I guess I was wrong. Muslim minarets are an equally good choice.


Finally, at 61 clicks (16:11) I decided to take break for a late lunch and a short nap.


Within a couple of miles from my lunch break the environment looked a lot more taken care of. Soon I saw signs indicating that the huge staked out (by a wall) area on my left was the royal palace. I thought I would take a picture but as there were several soldiers along the wall I waited for the right opportunity. At some point when I thought that no one could see me, I stopped and went for my camera only to see a soldier come out from behind a bush. Instead of my camera I pulled my water bottle pretended to drink and carried on. Taking a picture in front of the soldier would be looking for trouble. The best I could do was the following


The beaches started getting more beautiful




Finally I reached the goal and entered the city outskirts


By asking I went to the old medina


Where I found “Hotel des Oudaias” to spend the night.

After getting settled I went for a walk.


Finally it was time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment