Saturday 3 July 2010

Tuesday, 29 June, 2010 --- Day 08

Stats
Less than 10 kms (city)

Up at 10:00. My fear was true. The sore throat that I had felt but was not sure yesterday was very true today.

I was out by 12:00 on a walking tour of the sites of the city. First I visited the nearby Kusbah of Udayas


Court room where pirates were judged


View of the mouth of Bou Regreg river from the castle. Bou Regreg river separates Sale from Rabat, which literally means “fortified place” in Arabic.


Neighborhood in the castle


View of the castle


After I had enough of the castle I walked to Hasan Tower


And to the adjacent Mohamed V Mausoleum


View of the tower from the Mausoleum


Mausoleum interior


Even though the temperature was very reasonable (must have been below 30,) I am a biker not a walker, therefore, after so much walking I needed to rest and went back to the hotel.

The next move was to go to the nearby internet place where I spent more than two hours (takes awfully long to upload pictures.) After I was done with that I went back to the hotel to take Spithas out. On bikeback and confident I rode into the city to the train station. Again I was really impressed by one more Moroccian city. Really beautiful. Full of wide streets and avenues. At the train station I got info about tomorrow’s train rides to Fes. I continued riding till I arrived at Chellah, which I could not visit because it was about to close.


On the way back I passed by the entrance of the royal palace


and the parliament


I rode around the city stopped by central market to victualize and then rode back to the hotel area and this time crossed the river and rode into Sale

On bridge connecting Rabat to Sale


Finally I went back to the hotel where I developed the photos and wrote all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment