Tuesday 6 July 2010

Tuesday, 2010 --- Day 15

Woke up at 9:30 but did not get up for a while. When I got up I prepared the internet files on the netbook and then went downstairs. A pleasant and informative conversation w/ Zaid, the owner, gave me info regarding the continuation of my trip. Next I went to the internet café.
Man on the street


The owner happened to be Zaid’s brother. He was a very pleasant fellow. I guess it runs in the family. After the internet I went to the Souq




where I bought a couple of things for tomorrow, including a water melon for today, and walked back to the hotel.

Men at the coffee shop


Fishing port seen from hotel BenSelah


I stayed at the hotel till 18:00 taking it easy and then went to the internet place where I stayed till 21:00. The uploading speed was really slow.

I walked back to the hotel where Rasid and Mohamed had already joined Said. Mohamed made a salad and all of us ate together, finishing w/ the water melon (my favorite fruit.) I smoked a couple of cigarettes and also tried a puff from the pipe that was going around. Zaid explained to me that what they were smoking was called Kif, and, if understood correctly, it was locally grown version of Marihouana. He said that it grows all over the place. He also warned me to take it easy because it is very strong. My intention was to just inhale just one puff, which I did. Absolutely no effect on me!!! I had to go to bed early if I really meant leaving early tomorrow, so I thanked everybody and after taking a picture together I retired to my room.

From Left to Right: Rasid, Vassily, Zaid, Mohamed

No comments:

Post a Comment