Monday 12 July 2010

Thursday, 08 July, 2010 --- Day 17

I woke up at 10:00. It would take a minimum of 1 hour to get ready and by then it would bee too late to start for the 12 kms between Al Hoceima and Nader. So, I decided to stay. A side benefit would be that I would get to see Al Hoceima beyond hotel Al Muñecar, which is one of the intents of the bike trip.

Spithas resting in the hotel room


With hindsight staying was the right decision. Al Hoceima is a very beautiful small vacation town bathed in light. The descriptions of Albert Camus evoke thoughts of a town similar to Al Hoceima.

By 12:30 I was out. Misinformed about distances I took the bike. Soon I realized that Spithas would be a drag and the distances were too short to justify Spithas and the headache of having to lock him every time I had to dismount to visit something.


I decided to go back and leave Spithas to rest. First, however, I went to the souq to do some shopping





I left Spithas behing and walked back
The beach


One of the many beautiful squares


Central square


View from central square


Central Square


Kitten sleeping on top of each other


View from a coffee shop


Four Islamic ladies at the central square


Three Islamic ladies at the central square


After stopping twice at an internet café, I returned to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment